6 WAYS TO HEALTHY SKIN FOR SUMMER
Keeping your skin healthy at anytime should be a priority. Especially during the summer, when the elements can affect the condition of your skin.
1. CLEAN EATING / EXERCISE: I start with these and combine them together because I feel they are the most important for a great foundation of skin health. There are a plethora of outdoor activities to do here in Squamish and Whistler. You have your own gym outside. Eat a clean and well balanced diet to ensure proper skin health. Eating junk will show up on your skin.
2. HYDRATE: I can’t seem to emphasize enough on how important it is to stay hydrated. Especially during summer. Your skin is the first tell for a makeup artist wether or not you’ve drank enough water. So after you’ve finished reading this, go have some water. Your skin will thank you by looking great.
3. WEAR LITTLE TO NO MAKEUP: Say WHAT?! That’s right. I said it. I stand by it. I live it. Beauty has nothing to do with the makeup on your face. If you haven’t figured it out by now, you’re beautiful. Simple as that. Wearing makeup during hot weather can clog your pores, and potentially leave you with acne. If you don’t have to wear it, don’t.
4. EXFOLIATE: At least once a week you want to be exfoliating your skin to remove any dead skin cells. If you are not exfoliating, your dead skin cells could build up on your face, leaving your face looking and feeling dirty, dry and/or patchy. You can use anything that would be slightly abrasive for your face, ie; a wash cloth, or a sugar or salt scrub.
5. CLEANSE: Keep your skin clean. In the summer heat, you tend to be more sweaty. If you are not washing that sweat off your face at the end of the day, the dirt can build up leaving you with, well, dirty skin. For me, Witch Hazel works as the best cleanser.
6. COVER UP: Wear sunscreen (non-greasy), a hat or stay out of the sun. Period. Long exposure to the sun can be very damaging to our skin. If you want another way to ensure healthy looking skin for summer, staying protected from the sun is a great place to start.
In general, having good hygiene and overall health will leave you with healthy looking skin. There is always skin issues, but if you don’t have any skin health problems, these steps will get you closer to glowing, beautiful healthy looking skin for summer.